Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Portrait of Japanese


Today's theme is "Portrait of Japanese". The person I chose is Sakura Kuwata who is one of my friends. As you may notice, she has unique name which was named after Sakura (桜) which means "cherry blossoms" in Japanese. Isn't it cute? Sakura lives in Suita city which is about half and an hour from Hirakata city. Sakura and I attended same high school; however since we were in different courses, we've never talked before. After I found that she is going to attend the same university as I am going to, I asked my friends to introduce her. My first impression about her was "wow, she's skinny and taller than me." Since most of my friends were shorter than me, it was actually surprising to see someone taller than me in the school. Sakura is skinny and even though she is skinny, she eats a lot. Whenever I say this to her, she denies that she is skinny, so I am sure she has secret about how to keep her body skinny but she wouldn't tell.


Among her many characteristics, what I like about her is her hair. Among many young Japanese dying their hair (I am one of them too), she have never dyed her hair before. I think this is rare and her black hair emphasizes that she is Japanese. One of the reasons her hair is black, is because she usually works at the hotel as a waitress for a part-time job on the weekends so she is not allowed to do that. Because of her part-time job, she is interested in hotel business; therefore, she is going to major in Hospitality in the States for next 2 years.



To describe her in one word, "Sleepy" would match. She loves sleeping and wherever she is, she is always sleeping, most of the time, during the classes. I can't believe but whenever I look at her, she is sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Your description of your friend is certainly fun/interesting... Does she sleep in my class, too?

    The lights and glass are distracting in the background - it would have made for better shots to photograph her against a more interesting background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.
      I shouldn't say this, but, yes she does. Sometimes.
      I would avoid using CIE rounge for taking a photo from now on.

      Delete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.