Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wandering Around Neighborhood Kouzu



His name is Goemon.

A park


Shrine


Little cat eating Chikuwa:D
Wandering around, I found that I know almost nothing around my house. Where I live is 10 minutes from Nihonbashi station which is famous for Otaku street. My place is very near down town and convinient since there are many access of transportation. My neighborhood Kouzu, is kind of small community. There is a park where I used to play when I was a little. Since it was afternoon and cold day, there were no children playing but only old lady and old guy sitting on the bench and chatting. Just right the park, there is a shrine which is popular for wedding. I've seen many people having wedding there. People who lives around also come and pray on the first day of New Year. As I was wandering around, there was a lady who was with her cute dog. I asked her if she lives around here and I went go for a walk with the lady. Someone I never talked before. She was very nice, she told me about many things that I did not know before. She told me that her dog's name is Goemon who is 5 years old. She told me that there is a small community among her and her dog. Unfortunately, there weren't any her friends. As she walked, she suddenly stopped. There were two cats and surprisingly, she fed some Chikuwa to them. She told me that there should be one more cat and that cat loves Goemon. As they ate chikuwa, they left.













As I live in Nihonbashi, it is really close to Namba that only 10 minutes by walking, I can get to Doutonbori. On the way to Namba, there is National Bunrak Theater. These are also my neighborhood.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had the chance to meet and interact with your neighbor. Part of the challenge of this assignment for native anthropologist like you is to see your culture and community in new and different ways. Thank you for beginning this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.